Thursday, February 28, 2008

Inside...no windows...cramped space....

This afternoon I met with one of my son's teachers (Mrs. F) and her daughter M. I arrived during her lunch break so we had the computer room all to ourselves, ha ha ha (it was too cold and bright outside)! They are in need of a mother daughter image for - I believe - a ballet recital program. Having to make do with what we had....we shoved some of the computer desks aside and gave ourselves a tiny spot in front of the wall. I had a time, even trying to bounce my flash, with harsh shadows. There were fluorescent stip lights above our heads on low ceilings. NOT the ideal place for a portrait!!! Much too tiny to drag in my backdrop and lights too.

Anyway, I sat down to look at what we got -- and was not at all impressed. However, I ran across this image that kinda tugged at my heart. I sat and sat trying to figure out how to make it a beautiful piece of art for them. After much thinking...I decided to paint it. I removed them completely from their surroundings and painted them on an elegant background. I'm VERY happy with how the final piece turned out...and hope that they will be too!

Original image
Final Piece
My favorite...before and after

1 comment:

Jayme Tighe said...

Absolutely stunning Natalie! They'll love it!