Friday, January 5, 2007

Rainy Days and Creativity...

This has to be the strangest winter on record. Here it is, January 5th, I've got the window open and am wearing a tank top. It's 65 degrees outside!! It's also been raining for what seems like forever. So I've been finding things to occupy me since I can't get outdoors much.

I got a new program called Corel Painter Essentials 3 and have been trying my hand at digital painting. I've only been working with it for about a week now and I'M LOVING IT! It helps me express myself creatively during those times I don't have camera in hand. Each brush stroke is done by hand and I can choose from many different mediums and brushes.

Here are a couple examples of what I've created so far. It's tough to get a good feel of them unless you see them up close, so click on the image to see a full sized version. I would appreciate any CC, comments or ideas if you have the time!

First I have a head shot of little M, one of my stork club babies. I couldn't resist his cuteness and felt this image would be perfect to paint. Boy, was I right or what?! What mother would not love to have this on her wall? I just ordered this one in a 16x20 canvas board to use as an example.
The next one is my first attempt at a full shot with a landscape. This image of a precious brother and sister pair was taken last summer during a family beach session. I'm very happy with how it turned out! Until next time....

1 comment:

Jessica Hughes said...

I am so impressed Natalie! I love your paintings. That is something that I really want to learn how to do. I have so many photos that would look neat as paintings.
You did a great job!! I love them!